Nav2018 upgrade to BC – Links to files coming across

• Nav2018 upgrade to BC – Links to files coming across

Posted by Jackie Whittington on March 23, 2023 at 1:02 pm

We use links extensively in Nav2018. On the customer card to link to credit applications. On Sales orders to link a customer purchase order. Has anyone successfully ported existing links across to BC SAAS from Nav2018?

Saurav Dhyani (MVP) replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Steven Chinsky MVP

March 23, 2023 at 1:46 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

@firefighter – I have not but a thought that you could puh the links to SharePoint and then connect the records. You might consider asking eFOCUS who works heavily in SharePoint and linking data.

Steve

• Jackie Whittington

March 23, 2023 at 2:11 pm
      Up
      Down

Thanks Steven. Currently the files reside on a local File Server. I have halted porting the files up to Sharepoint as I understand that is even more complex.

• Saurav Dhyani (MVP)

March 23, 2023 at 2:21 pm
    Up
    Down

Hi,

It’s possible. We have done it for all our upgrade projects.

In Summary steps are –

1. Copy and upload all your files to a online file sharing services like – SharePoint (as steven mentioned), OneDrive, AWS, Azure file Share, Azure blob storage.

2. Update data in Record Link with local URL to the target files. [A script is possible to update all record links]

3. For New Links, that will be created after the upgrade – you can either have a AppSource app / Per Tenant Extensions to upload file to your selected online file storage solution.

API Integration with business central, make it possible to integrate external systems.

The discussion ‘Nav2018 upgrade to BC – Links to files coming across’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!