NAV Report to Zebra Label Printer

• NAV Report to Zebra Label Printer

Posted by DSC Communities on January 23, 2017 at 2:23 pm
    • Jeane Meade

January 23, 2017 at 2:23 PM

Hi All,

We would like to create a NAV 2015 report to print to a Zebra LP2844 desktop label printer.  We have other reports that we are using the Free 3 of 9 barcode with success printing to various HP LaserJet printers.  We created a variable to hold the code as an asterisk is needed to provide a start and stop code.    AssemblyOrderBC:=’*’ + “Assembly Header”.”No.” + ‘*’;  The value we are changing to a barcode is the assembly order number which is a mix of letters and numbers and symbols A-403123.

I set the label the same way, set the paper size to 3″wide by 1″tall and used the same code, font size 26.  It prints, but doesn’t scan. 

Has anyone had any success in doing this and if so, could you share what font, font size and other instructions are needed to accomplish this.

Thanks!

——————————
      Jeane Meade
      IT/DBM
      Sheldons’, Inc.
      Antigo WI
      ——————————

• Jeane Meade

January 23, 2017 at 3:32 PM

Just an update…. I did get this working….with Free 3 of 9. My margins were off just a tiny bit and I needed to set the LP2844 as my default printer.  Once the “paper” matched the printer matched the report layout, and I took all the padding out of the fields, the barcode printed and scanned fine.

——————————
      Jeane Meade
      IT/DBM
      Sheldons’, Inc.
      Antigo WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ben Baxter

January 24, 2017 at 8:11 AM

Glad to hear you got it working with the 3 of 9 Font.  Just as an FYI, Code 128 is very similar to 3 of 9, but produces a shorter barcode.  When you have longer values the 3of9 barcode will get very long.  Both produce a 1D barcode, just one requires less space, which is really handy on labels.  Most scanners will read Code 128 and 3 of 9 fonts.

Best Regards,

——————————
      Ben Baxter
      Consultant
      Accent Software, Inc.
      Carmel IN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jeane Meade

January 25, 2017 at 1:37 PM

Thank you for the additional info.  Will keep that in mind.

——————————
      Jeane Meade
      IT/DBM
      Sheldons’, Inc.
      Antigo WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘NAV Report to Zebra Label Printer’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!