NAV 2018 – Data Privacy Question from Noreen

• NAV 2018 – Data Privacy Question from Noreen

Posted by Aaron Back on March 15, 2023 at 9:35 am

@amandamayer @CliffMcDaniel @SteveChinsky @kimd @jessie-picard – On the classic UG site, @noreenfujitasacco posted a great question, and wanted to share it here as well for broader visibility. Could one of you please assist?

Noreen’s question is:

Amazon has a new policy that went into effect in February and will be enforced starting June or July. The policy requires all customer personal data including gift messages to be deleted after 30 days.

We’re on NAV 2018 with Lanham EDI and Lanham EShip. Is anyone aware of this new policy and working on a way to comply in our or any other version of NAV? Is anyone aware of planned upgrades to EDI ISVs to comply with this policy?

Noreen Fujita-Sacco replied 1 year, 1 month ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kim Dallefeld, MVP

March 15, 2023 at 1:25 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

Noreen, have you asked Lanham about this issue?

I am not aware of the policy. I assume this is meaning that customer name, address, phone, email information needs to be removed. But then I would question the auditability of my system to verify shipping information to Amazon customers. Since you bill Amazon, you would not have credit card information in NAV so that’s a good thing.

How stringent are the data removal requirements?

• Steven Chinsky MVP

March 15, 2023 at 2:11 pm
    Up
    Down

@noreenfujitasacco – Ditto what Kim wrote back. Here is Lanham’s email address for support: support@lanhamassoc.com. They would be the best source for compliance on the EDI front and data related to Amazon as a Trading Partner.

Steve

• Noreen Fujita-Sacco

March 15, 2023 at 5:55 pm
    Up
    Down

Yes, thank you both. I have already reached out to Lanham.

The discussion ‘NAV 2018 – Data Privacy Question from Noreen’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!