Moving to Standard Cost in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017

• Moving to Standard Cost in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017

Posted by Austen-Suhay on March 6, 2023 at 5:53 pm

The company I work for is transitioning from Average Cost to Standard Cost in 2023, and I was looking for any resources that will help me make this as smooth and painless as possible. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

We source most of products from overseas, but also manufacture several product lines in the US.

Austen-Suhay replied 1 year, 2 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Meenakshi Singh

March 7, 2023 at 10:16 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Ooh, that’s a tough one… I had done one such transition for changing from one costing method to another in the past but I made it part of our upgrade so was a comparatively easier transition.

@SteveChinsky @kimd any suggestion on this one? Or you know any other costing gurus that can assist to navigate the path here and help rule out some common blunders?

• Lewis Rosenberg

March 7, 2023 at 10:22 pm
      Up
      Down

I saw a thread on his recently and @kimd and @RobbDelprado commented. I believe they said this can be done by adjusting inventory values to zero and taking items off of open documents as a first step. Next, you can change your costing method and then add inventory back and update documents. Perhaps they will comment and confirm. This would best to try out in a test environment before trying it in production.

• Steven Chinsky MVP

March 10, 2023 at 9:58 am
    Up
    Down

@austen – I have done this for a customer last year and it is very possible. I will pull my handout that we used to make the step-by-step process, which you have to follow. Will send over weekend.

Thanks,

Steve

• Steven Chinsky MVP

March 13, 2023 at 9:31 am
    Up
    Down

@austen – Found it. If you want to chat more feel free to email or call me 774-254-1185. Walking through it outload was what I did with my customer and it made for a smooth process and planning.

• Austen-Suhay

March 14, 2023 at 2:35 pm
      Up
      Down

Thanks Steven! I am in the early stages of finding info/resources around this project, which will be a large one for us. I will likely reach out as I continue to plan and scope this, but will be a ways down the road. Thanks again for the assistance, i will be in touch!

The discussion ‘Moving to Standard Cost in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!