Lot/Serial No. Generation, and the “Manual Nos.” checkbox

• Lot/Serial No. Generation, and the “Manual Nos.” checkbox

Posted by Chris Warren on May 15, 2023 at 8:36 pm

We had an instance where a user generated a lot/serial number in a production order, deleted it, and wanted to reuse the same generated numbers. However, when they typed in the number in a new production order, they were one digit off, and ended up using the same serial number that had been used in a previous production order.

This started some discussion about how this was allowed to happen. The “Manual Nos” checkbox is not enabled for this particular number series. But, as I tested a few different scenarios in my sandbox environment, it appears that Item Tracking doesn’t apply the logic from the “Manual Nos” checkbox in the No. Series page.

Has anyone else experienced this before? How do you prevent users from manually typing in lot/serial numbers, and force them to use the “Assign Serial/Lot No.” function inside of Item Tracking.

Chris Warren replied 12 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Chris Warren

May 17, 2023 at 12:01 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

I did work with a developer on this that confirmed what I posted before. We’re in the process of working on a customization, but I would still be happy to hear other people’s experiences!

The discussion ‘Lot/Serial No. Generation, and the “Manual Nos.” checkbox’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!