Lanham E-Ship/EDI 856/ASN HL-TARE Question

  • Lanham E-Ship/EDI 856/ASN HL-TARE Question

    Posted by Lewis Rosenberg on May 13, 2019 at 5:11 pm
    • Lewis Rosenberg

      Member

      May 13, 2019 at 5:11 PM

      ??Hello,

      We’re on NAV2013R2 with Lanham e-Ship and Lanham EDI.

      We have a trading partner reporting erros back on SOME of our ASNs that we send them becuase the HL-02 PACKĀ segment contains a value of 2 instead of 3 on SOME on the HL-PACK segments.Ā  The EDI packing Rule is S-O-T-P-I and we are including a TARE segment.

      The HL-PACK segment map looks like this:

      EDI map HL-PACK

      In the data, for the HL-Pack segment, the HL-02 (parent line number)Ā sometimes changes from a value or 3 to 2.Ā 
      The question is, what process would change that value?Ā  I suspect that it is something we are doing in the Pack Line Scan process.

      Example of the data:

      ASN data

      ——————————
      Lewis Rosenberg
      IT Manager
      Mars Fishcare
      Chalfont PA
      ————————————————————————
      BCUG/NAVUG All-Star
      BCUG/NAVUG Board of Advisors, Chairperson
      BCUG/NAVUG Programming Committee

      Twitter: @RosenbergL
      LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosenbergl
      ————————————————————————

      NAVUG/BCUG Summit (navugsummit.com)
      Orlando, FL – October 15-18, 2019
      ——————————

    • Charlotte Kinney

      Member

      May 15, 2019 at 4:47 PM

      Hello Lewis,
      I am pretty sure those packages with HL*2*P~ were not added to the tare pack. The ‘2’ in the HL-02 represents the ORDER level.
      What you can do is go to this Bill of Lading and in the ribbon select Navigate >> ASN Summary.Ā  If the “Line No” and “Parent Line No” are shown, this is where the map is getting it’s values from.Ā  Find the erroneous package where the Line No. = 2536. Double-click on the Description of “Package xxx” to open the package page.Ā  While on the header of the package, Zoom (Ctrl+Alt+F1) and expand the ‘Table Fields’ fast tab.Ā  Scroll down to “Used on Bill of Lading No.”Ā  I am assuming this value is blank.Ā  The “Used on BOL” field is populated with the tare package of which the carton package is placed within.Ā  If this package was not placed in a tare-pack, then it is viewed as a standalone package thereby it’s parent would be the ORDER level.Ā  I hope this makes sense and clarifies the issue.
      In the future, if the goal is to have all carton-packs placed within a tare-pack, then during the time packing using Pack Line Scanning you may want to run the //ASP (Add Select Packages) command.Ā  This will display a screen where the “Package Line Type” is either Item or Package (see attached screen shot).Ā  Those withĀ  “Package Line Type” = Item are E-Ship packages that contain package line type = Item (carton packs).Ā Those withĀ  “Package Line Type” = Package are E-Ship packages that contain package line type = Package (tare packs).Ā  So the goal would be to not have any where Package Line Type = Item because they would have been left off a tare.I hope this helps you out!

      ——————————
      Charlotte Martinez
      Sr. EDI Specialist
      Lanham Associates
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

    • Lewis Rosenberg

      Member

      May 15, 2019 at 4:57 PM

      ?Thanks Charlotte.Ā  You are always so helpful andĀ I REALLY apprceiate it!Ā  Our partner worked with me today and I discussed it with our Shpping team.Ā Ā Our theory is that the order was partially picked and packed and a tare/pallet label was created (//AAP).Ā  Before the order was completed, more inventory became available for the order and our shipping team manually added packages (to the order; not to the TARE) from the Sales Header – Navigate > eShip > Packages.

      I hope to take a deeper look at this tomorrow to see if I can reproduce what happened and determine the best way to avoid it from happenig.Ā  I don’t think anyone is familiar with //ASP, so I will definitely check that out too.

      ——————————
      Lewis Rosenberg
      IT Manager
      Mars Fishcare
      Chalfont PA
      ————————————————————————
      BCUG/NAVUG All-Star
      BCUG/NAVUG Board of Advisors, Chairperson
      BCUG/NAVUG Programming Committee

      Twitter: @RosenbergL
      LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rosenbergl
      ————————————————————————

      NAVUG/BCUG Summit (navugsummit.com)
      Orlando, FL – October 15-18, 2019
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

    Lewis Rosenberg replied 7 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Lanham E-Ship/EDI 856/ASN HL-TARE Question’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for peopleĀ  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!