Item Availability by BOM Level – Able to Make Parent / Top Item Calculation

• Item Availability by BOM Level – Able to Make Parent / Top Item Calculation

Posted by DSC Communities on December 22, 2016 at 3:59 pm
    • Mike Cunningham

December 22, 2016 at 3:59 PM

We are having difficulty understanding how the “Able to Make Parent / Top Item Calculation works in certain circumstances on NAV 2016. 

We have many Purchased Components where we have structured a BOM underneath them either for informational or reference purposes, or because the items could be manufactured rather than purchased at times.  This seems to skew the “Able to Make Parent / Top Item” calculation on those component lines when you Expand the Item Availability by BOM Level to show the component lines. 

The components are properly coded with “Purchase” as the Replenishment System, and the Item Availability display does not explode to the lower “reference” levels.  With “Show Total Availability” unchecked, the “Able to Make Parent / Top Item” calculation on the Top Parent Line is correct, but the “Able to Make Parent / Top Item” on the component lines appears to be the sum of the quantity on the Parent Line and the actual underlying individual component availability.  This makes no sense to me.   

——————————
      Mike Cunningham
      PSSI
      South Bend IN
      ——————————

• John Grant

December 23, 2016 at 11:16 AM

Mike – let me see if I can explain what the screen is showing you as it is confusing –

When selecting Show Total Availability the availability figures on the lines show the total of the items as it relates to the subassembly.

In my test company I show I cannot make any bicycles adue to not having enough subassemblies.

But if I select Show Total Availability I then see how many chain assemblies I could make, or front wheels, etc.

The numbers in the Able to make Top Item column refer to how many of that subassembly I can make plus onhand of that subassembly.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

——————————
      John Grant
      Senior Application Consultant
      Innovia Consulting
      ————————————————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Item Availability by BOM Level – Able to Make Parent / Top Item Calculation’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!