Item Attributes – Item Card Template

• Item Attributes – Item Card Template

Posted by Noreen Fujita-Sacco on July 27, 2021 at 3:58 pm
    • Noreen Fujita-Sacco

July 27, 2021 at 3:58 PM

We’re in NAV 2018 expanding our use of the attributes. Not all are required on each item. We’d like a way to alert us which attributes are required. Has anyone found a way to add item attributes by name to a template for the Item Card?

Hoping all of you are staying well!

——————————
      Noreen Fujita-Sacco
      Applications Coordinator
      Coghlan’s/Gear Aid
      Bellingham WA
      360-392-2703
      noreen.fujitasacco@gearaid.com
      ——————————

• Margaret Jordan

July 30, 2021 at 5:22 PM

Hi Noreen, 

You can assign Item Attributes to an Item Category, but not directly to an Item Template.   When you assign the Item Attributes you can have some attributes that have a default value and others where you leave the value blank.  Then when you enter an Item, you choose an Item Category, and you will see the Item Attributes immediately populated in the factbox for that Item.  However, I do not believe that there is a way to make it mandatory that you choose a value for the empty attributes.  Note, that when I create an Item Template with a default Item Category and then use the template to create an Item, it does not automatically add the Item Categories (like I just mentioned).  It looks to be a bit of a bug.  You have to change the Item Category to something else and then change it back – and then you see the Item Categories populated.  Certainly not ideal 🙁

——————————
      Margaret Crilley Jordan
      Developer
      LaFrance Corp
      Concordville PA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Noreen Fujita-Sacco

August 4, 2021 at 2:09 PM

Thank you, Margaret.

The info about the bug is especially useful. I don’t think this will work for us since we apply Item Categories to unfinished and finished goods. We’d end up with more clutter since the attributes are only for finished. 

Stay safe!

——————————
      Noreen Fujita-Sacco
      Applications Coordinator
      Coghlan’s/Gear Aid
      Bellingham WA
      360-392-2703
      noreen.fujitasacco@gearaid.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Noreen Fujita-Sacco replied 2 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Item Attributes – Item Card Template’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!