Invoice Posting Date Prior to Receipt Posting Date

• Invoice Posting Date Prior to Receipt Posting Date

Posted by David Wiser on May 15, 2018 at 4:21 pm
    • David Wiser

May 15, 2018 at 4:21 PM

We have had a couple of instances where the posting date used on a purchase invoice was prior to the posting date on the purchase receipt.  Normally not a big issue until the invoice posting date was 4/30/18 and the posting date of the receipt was 5/1/18.  Have any of you been able to add code to prevent the invoice posting date from preceding the posting date of the receipt?  Would be interested in how you prevent this.

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————

• Marcelo Borges

June 4, 2018 at 5:59 PM

?Hi Dave,

Usually I wouldn’t think that is a problem because that situation could happen. Some companies ship and invoice their documents at the same time, leaving the Posting Date = Shipment Date, but since goods take a few days to arrive at the destination, it may be that the Receipt Date (date that the good was actually received at the warehouse) will be different than the posting date.

Some companies like to keep all invoices within a certain date range, so that costs are reported properly, so it would not be abnormal to see documents posted on their true printed posting date and the receipt being received at a later date.

If you really would want to block that functionality, I’m pretty sure there’s a piece of code somewhere, but I have never this requirement; users like to keep it flexible, I guess.

Regards,

——————————
      Marcelo Borges
      Dynamics NAV Consultant
      Western Computer
      Brooklyn NY
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

David Wiser replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Invoice Posting Date Prior to Receipt Posting Date’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!