EDI

• Posted by DSC Communities on January 17, 2017 at 1:58 pm
    • Chris Meredith

January 17, 2017 at 1:58 PM

Hello all we have been struggling with EDI for over 2 yrs now. We are using Lanham EDI with Schedule Release module provided by Sikich. For the most part things coming in our working well we run into an issue whenever there seems to be a forecast change before the receipt of a previous delivery we get a needs attention flag but were never shown how to address the needs attention or if there is an exception report are anything like that as such. I will add we are currently just using this for Caterpillar and we are on NAV 2013 thanks for any insight you can provide.

——————————
      Chris Meredith
      IT Manager
      T&D Metal Products
      Watseka IL
      ——————————

• Alex Chow

January 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM

I had to read this sentence multiple times and I’m still not too sure what you’re asking:
      “we run into an issue whenever there seems to be a forecast change before the receipt of a previous delivery we get a needs attention flag but were never shown how to address the needs attention or if there is an exception report are anything like that as such”

Are you saying there’s a flag called Needs Attention in NAV? Where are you seeing this flag in NAV? Exactly at what point does the forecast change? From EDI? Or manual change?

——————————
      Alex Chow
      Dynamics NAV MVP
      AP Commerce
      Los Angeles CA
      Blog: http://www.dynamicsnavconsultant.com
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Chris Meredith

January 18, 2017 at 12:22 PM

There is a flag with in nav that says needs attention it is on the EDI 830 Schedule Release. The change is made by EDI no manual process.

——————————
      Chris Meredith
      IT Manager
      T&D Metal Products
      Watseka IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• David Machanick

January 19, 2017 at 10:23 AM

You have an ISV product. If you are still under maintenance you can have your current partner check with us for updates. If there is not one, then you probably need your partner to make a mod for you.
      For products like EDI, it is not unusual to make mods since there are always special requirements.

——————————
      David Machanick
      Sikich LLP
      Garland TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Chris Meredith

January 25, 2017 at 12:00 PM

Thanks

——————————
      Chris Meredith
      IT Manager
      T&D Metal Products
      Watseka IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Peter Dalfen

January 20, 2017 at 10:48 AM

Hi Chris,

We have a very good option for EDI as a managed service which is fully embedded into NAV.  Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in hearing more.

Thanks,

Peter

——————————
      Peter Dalfen
      Director Channel Sales | Microsoft Dynamics NAV
      DiCentral
      Houston TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Chris Meredith

January 25, 2017 at 12:01 PM

We don’t want to have it as a managed service due to the costing structure. Since caterpillar makes many changes every week the amount of documents is overwhelming. Thanks.

——————————
      Chris Meredith
      IT Manager
      T&D Metal Products
      Watseka IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jim Augenstein

January 19, 2017 at 8:16 PM

Hi Chris – here is my suggestion based on the fact that you have several moving parts and as I am not sure which Lanham EDI version you have, let’s connect and take a look at what we can do today. We add new features all the time, and it could be that we do what you need now and maybe that was not the case when you started. 

You can message me if you want and we can go from there. 

——————————
      Jim Augenstein
      Channel Manager
      Lanham Associates/Lanham Services
      Aliso Viejo CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Chris Meredith

January 25, 2017 at 12:04 PM

Jim I appreciate that. I have tried to have some discussions with lanham directly to see what options we may have but have never been able to get very far. I have had email dialog with a Bryan Whitney but never felt very confident in where I was being lead. If you would like to connect my email is cmeredith@tdmetal.com. your insight would be greatly appreciated.

——————————
      Chris Meredith
      IT Manager
      T&D Metal Products
      Watseka IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• David Machanick

January 26, 2017 at 12:28 PM

Chris,
      I am sorry we were not able to help you. Since our product is built on Lanham’s, I recommend you take up Jim’s offer and talk to him directly if you have not done so.
      If they have an update or new features it will be an addition to what you have, which will reduce your added cost substantially.

——————————
      David Machanick
      Sikich LLP
      Garland TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Bryan Whitney

January 26, 2017 at 1:38 PM

Chris,
      As we discussed earlier, Lanham Services can provide support for customers already using the Lanham products. However when there are significant customizations in place it would take some time for us to understand and support those customizations. We do know the Lanham functionality very well, but in this case the screen you are referring is custom. If you would like us to take a look at the issues you are having I’d be happy to schedule a call to discuss.

——————————
      Bryan Whitney
      Lanham Services
      Lake Havasu City AZ
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Holly Kutil

January 26, 2017 at 6:26 PM

Since you are Lanham users. . . I would also recommend going to their supply chain summit.  I went last year and learned a lot, not to mention some one on one time with the Lanham team.

It was a positive experience and gets a thumbs up from me.

——————————
      Holly Kutil
      American Ring/NAV Admin
      Solon, OH 44139
      **Great Lakes Chapter**
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 7 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘EDI’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!