E-Ship – UPS Manifest Label Print Problem – new work station

• E-Ship – UPS Manifest Label Print Problem – new work station

Posted by John Bellinger on December 12, 2016 at 10:53 am
    • John Bellinger

December 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM

I’ve logged a support ticket with my solution center, but as they are not always prompt I thought I would post here and see if anyone else has seen this before. We setup a new E-Ship workstation, with a new Zebra printer.  Printing UPS and FEDEX shipping labels works fine.  However, when we try to print the UPS manifest label we only get the top 1/3 section to print and then the printer stops and the printer status indicator light turns red. 

The Packing Station is set to Label Printing = Printer Name. In the Carrier I’ve tried UPS Label Printer Type of Eltron Orion and Zebra with same results.

Suggestions?

——————————
      John Bellinger
      ERP Manager
      Activar, Inc.
      Bloomington MN
      ——————————

• Kris Ruyeras

December 12, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Hello John,

Does NAV throw out an error? If not, I would check the Event Viewer to see if it shows up anything on there is where I would start.

Another area where I think you’ve already looked into is the setup card for another workstation that is working but it may sound like you’ve copied the settings over, it’s just the new printer that isn’t working.

——————————
      Kristoffer Ruyeras
      Director of Business Technology
      Bellegrove Medical Supply
      Redmond, WA
      ————————————————————————-

• John Bellinger

December 12, 2016 at 1:40 PM

NAV does not throw an error message.

——————————
      John Bellinger
      ERP Manager
      Activar, Inc.
      Bloomington MN

• Marguerite Manelski

December 13, 2016 at 7:49 AM

Have you checked your Packing Station settings?  I would check there under the Label and Posting tab and make sure that the Print Shipment Report on Close box is checked off. 

——————————
      Marguerite Manelski
      American Ring
      Solon OH

• Gregory Alford

December 13, 2016 at 9:02 AM

We have the same issue. Rather than fix the problem, our partner made new labels using the E-ship label designer and then copied the code necessary to make it work. Not exactly what we wanted, but it is working.

——————————
      Gregory Alford
      ERP Manager
      Tri Star Metals LLC
      Carol Stream IL

• Dave Cintron

January 11, 2017 at 6:52 PM

I’m a little behind on these NAVUG posts – did this ever get resolved? I’m thinking the size is wrong on the label.

——————————
      Dave Cintron
      Dynamics West
      Ventura CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• John Bellinger

January 12, 2017 at 12:26 PM

Dave, thanks for following up.  In the end, we decided that the printer was bad.  After it was replaced, all worked as expected. 

——————————
      John Bellinger
      ERP Manager
      Activar, Inc.
      Bloomington MN
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

John Bellinger replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘E-Ship – UPS Manifest Label Print Problem – new work station’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!