Dates in the Job Queue

• Dates in the Job Queue

Posted by Chris Warren on February 4, 2024 at 10:51 am

Good morning!

Hopefully this is an easy question. We’re looking to run the Inventory Valuation report every “x” days with an excel output. When configuring this Job Queue Entry, you have to select a certain date for the Inventory Valuation Report to run at.

Is there a way to make it always run as the current date, and have it run every Friday? I’ve tried “T” and it just inputs today’s date.

Carlos Garcia replied 2 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Jo deRuiter

February 5, 2024 at 8:18 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Hi @chris-warren

When you are in the Job Queue Entry Card, expand Recurrence toward the bottom of your screen then enable to “Run on X day” and fill in the rest.

• Chris Warren

February 9, 2024 at 10:58 am
      Up
      Down

Thanks, I tried that, but when using the Report Request Options Page, you have to fill out a “As of Date”. So when doing the recurring job, it will always run on this date. I was hoping there was a way to link the “As of Date” field to the current date/time that the report runs.

• Jo deRuiter

February 12, 2024 at 9:33 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Chris,

For this one you are likely to need a developer as you cannot enter a date formula there. This has already been submitted to Microsoft as a solution fix, but here is more about it.

But, this is an issue that does not seem to have a resolution yet.

• Chris Warren

February 13, 2024 at 12:33 pm
      Up
      Down

Ah, thanks! I’m glad to know I wasn’t missing something easy.

• Carlos Garcia

February 13, 2024 at 8:57 pm
    Up
    Down

Hello Chris

As suggested, we made small modification to the report, or better says we create a copy of the report and added a small code (on open request form) to accomplish what you are asking, the rest is Job Queue Entries setup.

The discussion ‘Dates in the Job Queue’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!