Data Exchange Definition

• Data Exchange Definition

Posted by Kim Dallefeld, MVP on April 29, 2020 at 6:21 pm
    • Kim Dallefeld

April 29, 2020 at 6:21 PM

Has anyone used the data exchange definitions (without customizations) to export payments via an xml file (not fixed or variable text)? If so can you please share.

Also, where do we find definitions for the various codeunits that are used by the data exchange definitions in Cronus and others that are shown when you use the looks in data exchange definitions?

——————————
      Kim Dallefeld, Kim@Dallefeld.com, Ft Worth, TX
      Dallefeld Consulting, LLC
      Member of Dynamics Consulting Group

New View Strategies, – training and consulting.

NAVUG All-Star
      NAVUG Programming Committee
      ——————————

• Kyle Hardin

April 30, 2020 at 8:54 AM

I always start with the definitions in Cronus. They are a good starting point, and have those pesky codeunits already defined so you can see which ones are used for ACH versus which are used for bank statements.

——————————
      Kyle Hardin
      NAV Developer
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      Duluth GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kim Dallefeld

April 30, 2020 at 9:29 AM

Totally agree Kyle, but the Cronus definitions, at least for eft exports, only create txt files either fixed or variable format. They don’t have one for xml. Furthermore, you can’t set the type to payment export and have the type be xml or you receive an error. I used type of generic export and also tried payment export which does allow for xml. But when executing these give an error about compatibility with the general journal line table.  I believe there is more setup required, similar to the BankConv type examples in Cronus. Finding documentation about which tables and the various codeunits to use for which piece, it something that I could not find.  Any ideas?

——————————
      Kim Dallefeld, Kim@Dallefeld.com, Ft Worth, TX
      Dallefeld Consulting, LLC
      Member of Dynamics Consulting Group

New View Strategies, – training and consulting.

NAVUG All-Star
      NAVUG Programming Committee
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Kyle Hardin

May 1, 2020 at 7:24 AM

Your bank actually wants XML output for EFTs? I have not seen that before. As for documentation, I agree – it is very lacking. I will see if I can find anything.

——————————
      Kyle Hardin
      NAV Developer
      ArcherPoint Inc.
      Duluth GA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Kim Dallefeld, MVP replied 4 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Data Exchange Definition’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!