Creating 855 from 850

• Creating 855 from 850

Posted by josh-kandiko on December 6, 2016 at 9:59 am
    • Josh Kandiko

December 6, 2016 at 9:59 AM

We are using Lanham’s EDI tool with NAV 2015.  Amazon would like us to create 855 documents when we receive 850s.  I’ve created the mapping but can’t seem to get an 855 generated from the system.  How do I get 855’s generated once the 850 is received in?

——————————
      Josh Kandiko
      Saris Cycling Group
      Madison WI
      ——————————

• Lewis Rosenberg

December 6, 2016 at 6:00 PM

I haven’t done this yet, but I do know that first you need to have Lanham’s “advanced” EDI granules.

Here’s are some other things that might help:

• The 855 Map should have Navision Document set to “E_ADVPOA” and not “E_SLSPOA”
      • On the EDI Template, some or all of the fields need to be checked:
        • General Tab
          • Create Sales Order on Rec
        • Ext. Doc tab
          • Create Adv. PO Ack On Receipt
          • Auto. Release Order Status   <= This will auto-release the 855

——————————
      Lewis Rosenberg
      IT Manager
      Mars Fishcare
      Chalfont PA

NAVUG Board of Advisors, Programming
      NAVUG Programming Commitee
      NAVUG Membership Committee
      ————————————————————————-

• Berlinda Yap

December 7, 2016 at 11:52 AM

We also sell to Amazon.Com and we are sending them the 855 when we get the 850s.

The way we have it setup is that once the 850 is created – the users will check the orders and generate the 855 from Send E.D.I. Documents >>> Send Purch. Order Ack.

We have mapped the 855 as E_SLSPOA and we have setup a separate EDI Template for Amazon use with the Auto EDI Released check.

When the 850 comes in – on the sales order line – we have two field shown – EDI Code and EDI Ship Req. Date.

When we map the 855- we have already preset the EDI Code to be “AC” as accepted – so if the EDI Code is blank on the Line level – it will know to send the 855 with an AC code. The users only need to put the exception codes required by Amazon like “IB” for Back Ordered and they will need to put in the date in the EDI Ship Req. Date.

On the sales order – on the EDI Tab – the EDI Released must be checked in order to create the 855. That is why on the EDI Template – we have already check the “Auto EDI Released” to make it easier.

This is usually the issue – the other issue could be that we are resending the 855 so when you do the processing Send Purch.Order Ack – you need to put a check on the “Re-Create EDI Purch Ack” on the option tab.

We are using Navision 2009 Classic – so some terms might be different.

If you need more help on this – let me know and I will try to help you on doing the 855 for Amazon and see what is your issue.

——————————
      Berlinda Yap
      IS Service Manager
      Foremost Groups, Inc.
      East Hanover NJ

• Josh Kandiko

December 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM

Thanks everyone.  I got what I needed and can now generate the 855s.  Berlinda, that’s a good point.  I was trying to figure out how you mark an item as rejected automatically.  It looks like that isn’t possible?  For example, if they send in an 850 for an item that is obsolete, is there a way to automatically remove it from the sales order that is created but then on the 855 show that the item was rejected?  It sounds like this always has to be a manual process, but maybe I am wrong.

——————————
      Josh Kandiko
      Saris Cycling Group
      Madison WI

• Berlinda Yap

December 14, 2016 at 9:13 AM

There is no way that you can remove the line on the sales order before you send out the 855.

The 855 is reading off the sales order lines to send the line details in the 855 – so you will need to put in the code to say it is obsolete.

I know for Amazon, not only do you tell them on the 855 but someone has to talk to the buyer about this to have it remove from their database.

If you are sending inventory feed to Amazon, this is another way to let them know the item is obsolete.

——————————
      Berlinda Yap
      IS Service Manager
      Foremost Groups, Inc.
      East Hanover NJ

josh-kandiko replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Creating 855 from 850’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!