Copy Assembly BOM

• Copy Assembly BOM

Posted by David Wiser on April 20, 2018 at 12:14 pm
    • David Wiser

April 20, 2018 at 12:14 PM

We are starting to make more use of assembly orders and are setting up assembly BOMs on many of our orders.  We have some base assembly BOMs which we would like to use as the starting point for other assembly BOMs.  I have looked but can’t seem to find any “copy assembly BOM” function where I can copy the lines from another assembly BOM into the assembly BOM I’m currently working with.  I know I can copy/paste or have a copy function customized, but was wondering if there was that functionality already existing which I can’t seem to find.  Any help?

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————

• Ian Ray

April 20, 2018 at 12:36 PM

I’ve used “copy rows” and then paste them into the other assembly BOM. I’m not sure how helpful that is.

I also use Rapidstart to import multiple assembly BOMs. We create almost every assembly BOM as a shared spreadsheet before it enters NAV. I script the compilation of these BOMs into an Excel workbook for import via a configuration package. This process makes it simple to copy and slightly change an assembly BOM since it is stored in a shared file as opposed to only in NAV.

——————————
      Ian Ray
      Cypress Grove
      Arcata CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jeane Meade

April 20, 2018 at 4:38 PM

NAV 2015 here.

If we have just a few items to set up, copy rows works good.

If we have a lot of items, Rapid Start.  It takes six different configuration packages.  One to set up the SKU, one to set up UOM, one to set up the Item Details, one to set up BOM Components, one to set up Item Cross References and the last to set up Sales Prices.  An Excel sheet set up with some vlookups helps the setup of each different Excel sheet for the different packages.

To change items, say there is a new package, sometimes it’s just as easy to run a wildcard filter on the bom lines from an existing item, sort and F8

——————————
      Jeane Meade
      IT/DBM
      Sheldons’, Inc.
      Antigo WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Franz Kalchmair

April 20, 2018 at 2:11 PM

not available in nav standard.
      you could add a copy bom function on base of the production bom copy function.

——————————
      Franz Kalchmair
      Microsoft MVP
      Senior Consultant
      Vienna, Austria, Europe
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

David Wiser replied 6 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Copy Assembly BOM’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!