Changing Line Amount After Prepayment Invoice Posted

• Changing Line Amount After Prepayment Invoice Posted

Posted by David Wiser on August 1, 2017 at 2:35 pm
    • David Wiser

August 1, 2017 at 2:35 PM

There is a couple of lines of code in table 37-Sales Lines which prevent updating the sales lines amount after a prepayment invoice has been posted against it.  I can comment out those lines and allow the update of the line amount.  Are there any hazards to this approach?  I have tested this and did not notice any negative results.

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————

• Amanda Mayer

August 2, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Dave,

I don’t know any specific issues, but I can tell you that prepayments themselves can get very messed up by the littlest thing. If I were you, I’d test every possible scenario before moving forward. Receiving lines, updating quantities, adding or removing lines,updating amounts, prepayment credit memos, prepayment invoices…..

——————————
      Amanda Mayer
      New View Strategies
      Milwaukee WI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ian Ray

August 2, 2017 at 11:05 AM

On prepayment credit memos, I’m curious for my own knowledge what the reason is to comment out code rather than issue a credit memo and adjust the prepayment % as described in How to: Correct Prepayments

I realize that the standard methods sometimes don’t work. I am just wondering what the specific case is here.

——————————
      Ian Ray
      Cypress Grove
      Arcata CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

David Wiser replied 6 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘Changing Line Amount After Prepayment Invoice Posted’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!