BC Cloud Conversion Utility: can I run multiple times?

• BC Cloud Conversion Utility: can I run multiple times?

Posted by Kevin Brennan on December 29, 2022 at 9:31 am

We have BC 14/ On Prem, planning for Aug 2023 cloud conversion.

There’s a Microsoft conversion utility: can I run that multiple times? (as we drop deprecated field and features out of scope)

Thanks,

-Kevin

Kris Ruyeras, Microsoft MVP replied 1 year, 4 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Aaron Back

January 3, 2023 at 9:09 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

@kimd wondering if you could please share some insights to help Kevin here.

• Kim Dallefeld, MVP

January 3, 2023 at 10:27 am
    Up
    Down

I would not think that you can run the conversion against the same dataset more than once but if you are going live in August, won’t you run the conversion a final time at that time?

We need a technical developer to help answer your question….

• Kris Ruyeras, Microsoft MVP

January 4, 2023 at 11:22 am
    Up
    Down

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can run that multiple times and on schedule. That’s the purpose of the cloud migration is for you to slowly move your data to the cloud. Of course, you would have to maintain the fact that both onprem and saas needs to be on the same version. This also includes the maintenance of your extensions and addons.

Also, I am making an assumption that you are utilizing the ‘Cloud Migration Utility’ in which it installs an application within your local onprem server.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/administration/migrate-data

The discussion ‘BC Cloud Conversion Utility: can I run multiple times?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!