Assigning a Serial Number manually in a production order

• Assigning a Serial Number manually in a production order

Posted by Chris Warren on April 25, 2023 at 4:05 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

We have an item that we manufacture that we want to prevent users from manually entering a serial number on, forcing them to use the “Assign Serial Number” function in Item Tracking on the Production Order. The number series does not have the “Manual No.” box checked, but users can still manually enter a serial number.

Any ideas on what I’m missing to prevent this from happening?

Chris Warren replied 1 year ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Ronald L McVicar Jr

April 26, 2023 at 12:41 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

How is the Item card setup for one of the representative items you are producing? Specific for Item Tracking Codes on the Item Card? Two links below might help and excuse if already reviewed. Is it in the Production Order process you are doing this assignment for WIP or are you doing back-flushing and on posting doing this? Lastly, This is stock BC or do you have enhancement specific to manufacturing?

Automatic creation of lot and serial number information cards

or check

Track
    Items with Serial, Lot, and Package Numbers

• Chris Warren

April 27, 2023 at 10:10 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

Thanks for the reply – everything is set up correctly on the item card – we’re doing manual consumption. It doesn’t appear that the No. Series validation for Document Numbers is the same for Serial/Lot numbers. I spoke with our partner yesterday, and they confirmed that lot/serial numbers don’t look at the “Manual Nos” checkbox on the No. Series page.

I’m looking at doing a customization that would enhance this functionality now. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has done something similar.

The discussion ‘Assigning a Serial Number manually in a production order’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!