Allocations (not reservations) Issues – Business Central

• Allocations (not reservations) Issues – Business Central

Posted by Tracy-Trippler on January 24, 2024 at 1:29 pm

We are having an issue when we are using the re-order policy of ORDER. We use this policy because it gives us the customer information on the work order and it gives us the discrete order on the demand side. We need to keep using this policy so getting rid of it, is not an option. When we finish the production order, we then transfer it from the production out bin to our shipping bin (Ship-P1). When we move it, it breaks the link/allocation to the production order. So when we run the plan again, it doesn’t see that we have inventory on hand and that we don’t need to make these as they are sitting in our shipping department. Has anyone else had this issue? If so, what is your work around? Our scheduler has to go through all of our orders on a daily basis and check the allocations. This is a lot of extra work. Thank you for any help you can give us.

Sean Nguyen replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Steven Chinsky MVP

January 26, 2024 at 8:55 am
    Up
    Down
    ::

@tracytrippler – I know how you feel. Yes, the Link from SO demand to the PROD Order is removed after the Item is manufactured and Prod Order finished. I have had several customers pull their hair out because of this. May I suggest a solution that has help other customers of mine who Allocate inventory and have priorities they want to consider… Look at Cavallo Order Management APP. For decades, in the NAV and BC world, we have to live with Reservations and trying to manage Orders, Customer Priorities, and supply and demand. I have always wished their was a way to just Allocate or provide an Allocation rule to NAV/BC. I then was asked to look at Cavallo Order Management and it answered the missing functionality. Take a look: https://www.cavallo.com/our-solutions/bc/business-central/

I do have one underlying question though, when your Item is Make-to-Order and the Sales Order links to the Production Order, after creating the Prod Order, you might consider that Item have a reservation since it will stick with the Item Output and transfer to picking Bin for shipment. You might not want reservations, and I understand, so look at Cavallo.

Hope this helps.

Steve

• Sean Nguyen

January 28, 2024 at 1:10 pm
    Up
    Down
    ::

We ran into the same issue and our fix is to add logic that would automatically reserve the FPO’s output against the intended SO. You can ask your partner for help with this extension.

The discussion ‘Allocations (not reservations) Issues – Business Central’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!