D365FO meets D365CE – which one gets my price file?

• D365FO meets D365CE – which one gets my price file?

Posted by Ian Waring on August 28, 2019 at 11:03 am
    • Ian Waring

August 28, 2019 at 11:03 AM

(also posted on the Dynamics Community board at Microsoft).

We’re running Dynamics 365 for Finance & Ops and are currently plan to use our UOP subscriptions to access the Retail Ops APIs (Basket maintenance integrated with the Retail Promotions Engine – to call from our front end web sites). This to also enable access from those web sites to order history.

We recently merged with another organisation who have a front end website running with a Dynamics CE backend – and using the pricing functionality there.

Given the PEAP “Prospect to Cash” workflows run atop D365CE, where do I architect pricing to sit when I integrate these two systems – concious that I want to maintain only one pricing version of the truth?

?

——————————
      Ian Waring
      Head of Finance Systems & Projects
      Jisc
      Harwell Didcot
      ——————————

• Jan Meijering

August 29, 2019 at 2:10 AM

The prospect to cash work flow is a non-retail workflow where the prices and discounts resides in D365CE. As far as I’m aware of there is no out of the box integration with the retail price engine from D365CE.

——————————
      Jan Meijering
      HSO
      Veenendaal
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Ian Waring

August 29, 2019 at 4:14 AM

Thank you Jan. I think I need to go find a comparison between the pricing functionality on D365CE vs that on D365 Retail Ops. With the latter, it can manage basket state for a web site, price it all (including all sorts of mix and match gymnastics) and return the content to paint some HTML around – as well as reflecting back previous order history – all through REST API calls.

Just got to see if D365CE can do a comparable job – and if so, architect our price file to sit there 🙂

——————————
      Ian Waring
      Head of Finance Systems & Projects
      Jisc
      Harwell Didcot
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Jan Meijering

August 29, 2019 at 4:30 AM

In D365FO there are two price engines, the Retail and the non-retail.
      D365CE does not leverage any of the two engines at all right now. If you find newer insights would be great to hear from you.

——————————
      Jan Meijering
      Product manager
      HSO
      Veenendaal
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

Ian Waring replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘D365FO meets D365CE – which one gets my price file?’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!