The Community Member of the Month is…

• The Community Member of the Month is…

Posted by David Wiser on December 29, 2017 at 12:52 pm
    • David Wiser

December 29, 2017 at 12:52 PM

This month, the NAVUG community is pleased to recognize as the community leader of the month.  Matt is currently the IT Director for San Francisco Bay Gourmet Coffee and an active member of the Board of Advisors for NAVUG.  He also serves in the leadership for the Northern California chapter and is a frequent contributor at webinars, conferences and in the open forum.  He has been an outstanding member of our community.  Unfortunately, Matt is leaving his current company and moving to a new company that does not use Dynamics NAV (yet).  So, he will be leaving our community.  We will miss his humor and wisdom. Thanks and Congratulations, Matt!  Best wishes on your next new adventure!

Matt was featured a couple of years ago in the “Humans of NAV” series.  Here is the link to that article:

https://www.navug.com/blogs/missy-heilman/2016/02/18/humans-of-navug-matthew-mcginley

?

——————————
      Dave Wiser
      Controller
      Beckwith & Kuffel
      Seattle WA
      ——————————

• Ian Ray

December 29, 2017 at 2:45 PM

Congratulations Matt. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

——————————
      Ian Ray
      Cypress Grove
      Arcata CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Holly Kutil

December 30, 2017 at 10:19 AM

Could not have picked a better man to end our year as community member of the month!

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends leave footprints in your heart. –Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you Matt for leaving a great big footprint on my heart!  God’s Speed my dear friend!  Until we meet again.

——————————
      Holly Kutil ~ NAVUG All-Star
      American Ring/CIO
      Solon, OH 44139
      **Great Lakes Chapter**
      ?? Women In Dynamics ??
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Anthony Darden

January 1, 2018 at 5:00 PM

This is a bittersweet moment – I’m happy for Matt and his new future ahead, but will miss him and the fun we had during our short time together.  All the best to you and your family!

——————————
      Anthony Darden
      Director of IT
      Protective Industries, Inc.
      Buffalo NY
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Meenakshi Singh

January 2, 2018 at 9:59 AM

Congratulations Matt!!
      Best of luck in your future endeavor. We will miss you here.

Meenakshi

——————————
      Meenakshi Singh
      Manager of Business Applications
      Home Market Foods, Inc.
      Norwood MA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Peter Dalfen

January 3, 2018 at 9:17 AM

Congratulations Matt.

All the best moving forward.

——————————
      Peter Dalfen
      Business Development Manager
      k-eCommerce
      Plymouth MI
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Matthew McGinley

January 4, 2018 at 12:46 PM

Hello All and Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for this honor.  As pointed out this is bitter sweet.  I am extremely proud of our NAVUG community and am thankful for to all that have helped me become a better NAV user and even more importantly a better person.

When our company implemented NAV 5.0 about 10 years ago it took us a little while to get up to speed on how NAV could really help transform our business. We moved from an old ERP system that used an ODBC connection with Access for reporting to NAV and what a positive change and transformation for our business.  It’s amazing how we take for granted simple things, such as easily exporting to Excel from NAV, but back then this was a huge help for our users.  We used NAV for a few years but I felt like we could do better and about 5 years ago we joined NAVUG, which really brought in a new age of transformation for NAV in our company. 

There are all sorts of stories I can recall.  Stories around helping start our NorCal NAVUG community, meeting unbelievably inspirational users, VAR’s and Partners that care about our community so much, helping plan Summits and Focus over the last few years, working with great people at Dynamic Communities that care and are passionate about our community even though many of them don’t use NAV, etc.  So many wonderful memories, which I would love to share over a fresh cocktail or beer someday.

I remember the first Summit I attended where Mark Rhodes was up on the stage and he pointed at the crowd and said we would be up on that stage someday.  I never thought it would be me.  One of my goals, and the goals of all of us representing the NAV user community, is to make decisions based on the best interest of the user base and how can we make this NAV ecosystem better.  How can NAVUG represent our voice and how can we build on the hard work of our predecessors.  It is up to us users to drive the community and our responsibility to keep the momentum going!  I see activity on the Open Forums, local chapters, Summit, Focus and am in owe at our growth and how we come together as a group to help each other out!

I leave you with one last comment.  A colleague in Finance stopped me in the hallway last week and said that she should have listened to me sooner.  She said that I have been advocating NAVUG and the importance of our community to all departments within our organization for years with mixed results.  Now she and the Finance Department realize that us users are the drivers of the NAV system within the business and that together we need to work together to make it better.  It’s not an IT thing, or a Finance thing or an Operations thing, it is a company thing.  She commented on how they should have been attending our local meetings more regularly and they look forward to working with our new internal NAV Program ManagerDeveloper and getting more involved in NAVUG.  Wow!, I thought.  How cool is it to know that people see this light and fresh ideas and energy will be coming into our community.

To me NAVUG is that light you see at the end of the fabled tunnel.  We are going down this path of using NAV and all of a sudden, we have inspiration, passion, creativity and hope.  I thank you our wonderful community for this inspiration and I hope to collaborate with you again soon!

——————————
      Matthew McGinley
      IT Director
      San Francisco Bay Coffee Company
      Lincoln CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Dale Cox

January 4, 2018 at 4:57 PM

Congratulations Matt!

It’s been great working with you over the past 4 or 5 years. We’ve had some great experiences in the NorCal Chapter and at Summit, and we’ve made some good friends and good memories along the way. I’ll miss you, but won’t be surprised to see you find a way to bring NAV into your new world.

You’ve been an inspiration and a great help to many.

Stay in touch.

——————————
      Dale Cox
      Director of Business Systems
      Barkley Ag Enterprises
      Salinas CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Devraj Ghosh

January 5, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Matt!, Sorry to see you go. I have no doubt you will find your way back to this world. Best of luck with your future.
      Miss working with you.

——————————
      Devraj Ghosh
      Sr. NAV Consultant
      RSM US LLP
      Chicago IL
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Geovanny Fuentes

January 8, 2018 at 11:46 AM

Matthew, you will be missed and remember Navision is in your blood.

Good luck in using your existing skills with a different platform.

——————————
      Geovanny Fuentes
      San Diego CA
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Val Gameiro

January 8, 2018 at 3:37 PM

Hey , congratulations and good luck on your future endeavors!

As many have said, thank you for everything, you are the reason I am here, running a Chapter in Austin, Texas.

All the best, and don’t be a stranger! 🙂

?

——————————
      Val Gameiro
      Senior NAV Analyst
      BPL Plasma
      Austin, Texas
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

David Wiser replied 6 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

The discussion ‘The Community Member of the Month is…’ is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!