Join Business Applications MVP Nicholas Hayduk of Engineered Code as he shares his experiences implementing Power Apps Portals. Nick will cover his favorite tips he uses to help people all over the world succeed with their Portals projects, including what skills you need from project team members, where to find the best training resources, and how to avoid common pitfalls. This session is great for those just getting started with Portals, and for those experienced with the former Dynamics 365/Adxstudio Portals.
You’ll leave with a solid understanding of how to run a successful Power Apps Portals implementation, start to finish.
– Understand the history
– Make sure to select the right type of resource (jQuery, Liquid, not .NET) – Train your developers
– Where to get good documentations – Being good at portals is a full time job
– Use the forums? Maybe same as previous point
– How to scope projects – Understand the difference between v7 and v8
– Understand what comes out of the box
– Understand where the limitations are
– Understand that usually there are ways around the limitations (except around authentication experience)
Key Takeaways: An understanding what piece needs to be in place in order to deliver a successful Power Apps Portals project, an understanding of where to find help/training/resources, an understanding of what types of team members you need to successfully deliver Portals projects, and an understanding of the common limitations of Portals, and how to get around them.