VB References Issue

• VB References Issue

Posted by DSC Communities on April 24, 2017 at 10:05 am
    • Trish Robertson

April 24, 2017 at 10:05 AM

I will have the correct reference checked but then after a while, it becomes unchecked.  Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.8 Library.  It causes a Compile Error.  Anyone know how to keep it from happening?

——————————
      Trish Robertson
      Helpdesk Supervisor
      CFRLTD
      Greenville SC
      ——————————

• Matthew Arp

April 24, 2017 at 10:58 AM

“After a while” as in while you are working on the customization? Or are the client running into VBA exceptions because of the missing reference?

——————————
      Matthew Arp
      Business Systems Developer
      Hunton Group
      Houston TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Trish Robertson

April 24, 2017 at 1:41 PM

Getting the VBA issues because the reference isn’t checked.  I make sure it’s checked when I set people up.  We are running on a Virtual Machine (4 servers) and I can’t even save the references until everyone is out of the system.  Wasn’t sure if there was a way to make it “stick”.

——————————
      Trish Robertson
      Helpdesk Supervisor
      CFRLTD
      Greenville SC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Matthew Arp

April 24, 2017 at 2:53 PM

Do the users have Full Admin privileges on the GP installation directory?

——————————
      Matthew Arp
      Hunton Group
      Houston TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Trish Robertson

April 24, 2017 at 4:05 PM

They do not have full rights.  

I just logged onto one of our 2x servers and what I had checked a week ago is gone.  This report was working fine for all our users until today.  I just don’t understand what makes those references drop off if you save it.

——————————
      Trish Robertson
      Helpdesk Supervisor
      CFRLTD
      Greenville SC
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Matthew Arp

April 24, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I believe it is recommended to give the users full control over the GP folder. We have run into all kinds of weird issues before, when our users didn’t have full permissions.

——————————
      Matthew Arp
      Hunton Group
      Houston TX
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

• Thomas Garcia

April 25, 2017 at 8:53 AM

Hi Trish.

Any reference you add to your VBA project becomes part of the Dynamics’ customization dictionaries, which cannot be modified while being used.  To modify these, you need to make sure no other sessions are using these dictionaries (hence your inability to save if someone else is using the server).  Also, it sounds like you are sharing these servers… are you using RDC, Citrix?  Could it be that you are making the modifications on a temporary profile that eventually gets wiped out?

What version of windows are you using?  ADO 2.8 is fairly old, as 6.1 is the norm for W2012 and beyond.  Not that this is the cause of the problem, but I wonder about your setup.

Hope it helps!

——————————
      Thomas Garcia
      ICON Business Consulting, LLC | Cooper City FL
      ICON, SRL | Santiago, Dominican Republic
      954-804-2140
      ——————————
      ——————————————-

DSC Communities replied 6 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

Welcome to our new site!

Here you will find a wealth of information created for people  that are on a mission to redefine business models with cloud techinologies, AI, automation, low code / no code applications, data, security & more to compete in the Acceleration Economy!